Starting on January 3rd, 2021 California will be enforcing new cannabis labeling laws that require all cannabis products to comply with California’s Prop 65.
Here is what your company needs to know!
Information was gathered from the OEHHA website and from The Green Entrepreneur article “What you need to know about changes to California’s Prop 65.”.
- This is for any product with any amount of detectable THC.
- The label must comply and constitute a warning that the products contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm. California regularly updates the naturally occurring and synthetic chemicals on its Proposition 65 list.
- This affects any companies that sell their products inside of California, regardless of company headquarters or manufacturing locations.
- Compliance with this law can be enforced in 2 different ways.
- By District or City attorney
- By any private parties acting on behalf of the public interest
- Violations can be fines up to $2,500/day
- Due to the ability for private parties to act on the behalf of public interest, and an earning of 25% of the penalty amounts, a market may develop wherein attorneys look to find companies out of compliance.
For more information on this topic, read our other blog here for more details this new law.
We have the compliant CA state specific Prop 65 tamper label you need in stock and ready to ship. Special promo on all tamper labels during the month of December too, DON'T MISS OUT, CLICK HERE TO ORDER!